For New Patients
Before you make an appointment, you will need:
- A referral from your physician.
- Medical records from all treating physicians and/or hospital discharge summaries.
- A copy of your insurance card(s).
- Photo ID
If already done, please provide in addition:
- Recent laboratory results
- The original pathology slides and report from a labial gland biopsy. It is particularly important that we have the actual labial gland biopsy slides as this may be crucial for making the correct diagnosis.
To make your appointments at the Sjögren’s Syndrome Center, please call 410-550-1887.
On the day of your appointment, plan to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time for registration and vital signs. Remember to bring a copy of your insurance card(s) to the appointment. New patient evaluations in our Center typically involve appointments with multiple physicians and may take two days to complete. Our medical office coordinator will be happy to make recommendations for local hotels and transportation companies that offer discounts to our patients.
For Returning Patients
You will need to plan for a one day visit to the Center as a return patient.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and let us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
We schedule our appointments weeks in advance and are usually unable to reschedule on short notice. If you must reschedule, call us at 410-550-1887 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.