For New Patients
In order for your care to be matched to an appointment with an expert in the field of your diagnosis, it is necessary to have your records available to our physician reviewers prior to scheduling an appointment. Therefore, we ask that you have your referral and medical records faxed to 443-267-0090. It is important to include the following: a referral from your current physician, any clinical notes, imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs), lab results, pulmonary function test and echo cardiogram results.
Once the review process has been complete, you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment. You may also call the scheduling office at 443-997-1552 at any time to inquire as to the status of your record review. The scheduling office can also help to facilitate scheduling an appointment with a sub-specialty center, if appropriate.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, it is important to:
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring the following medical records:
- Summary letters from all treating physicians and/or past rheumatologist records and/or hospital discharge summaries (bring last 3 reports)
- List of all current medications (include all over-the-counter medications)
- Recent laboratory results (bring last 3 reports)
- Pulmonary function tests (bring all test results)
- Echocardiogram (bring all test results)
- High resolution CT scan of lung (bring written report and copy of actual scan on CD-ROM disc)
- Any imaging results (i.e., x-rays, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Bring a copy of name and address of all persons/doctors who would like to get copies of your visit materials
If already done, please provide in addition:
- Recent laboratory results
- The original pathology slides and report from a labial gland biopsy. It is particularly important that we have the actual labial gland biopsy slides as this may be crucial for making the correct diagnosis.
To make your appointments at the Sjögren’s Syndrome Center, please call .
On the day of your appointment, plan to arrive 30 minutes ahead of time for registration and vital signs. Remember to bring a copy of your insurance card(s) and completed Patient History Form to the appointment. New patient evaluations in our Center typically involve appointments with multiple physicians and may take two days to complete. Our medical office coordinator will be happy to make recommendations for local hotels and transportation companies that offer discounts to our patients. Accommodations List
For Returning Patients
You will need to plan for a one day visit to the Center as a return patient.
- Return appointments for the Jerome L. Greene Sjögren’s Syndrome Center can be made by calling 410-550-1887.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and let us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards.
Rescheduling Appointments and Cancellations
We schedule our appointments weeks in advance and are usually unable to reschedule on short notice. If you must reschedule, call us at 410-550-1887 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.