For New Patients
To be considered as a patient, our clinic requires the following to be submitted in its entirety prior to record review:
- Appointment request form
- Copies of your insurance cards (front and back)
- A physician referral
- Pertinent medical records demonstrating symptoms of Sjögren’s syndrome
- Imaging reports (including x-rays and MRIs)
- Lab results
- Other test results as applicable (i.e. PFTs, Echos, pathology reports, EMG/NCS)
Please return the completed packet to:
The Johns Hopkins Jerome L. Greene Sjögren’s Syndrome Center
5200 Eastern Avenue
Mason F. Lord Center Tower, Suite 4000
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Once we receive these items, our team will carefully review your records to determine whether we are able to meet your medical needs within our specialized clinical practice. Once the review process has been completed, you will be contacted by one of our intake coordinators to assist with scheduling your appointment.
For international patients, please contact Johns Hopkins International for initial and return patient appointments.
Unfortunately, our physicians cannot speak with or give medical advice to patients that are not currently under our care.
If you are accepted for an appointment:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment to allow time for registration
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring your completed Patient History Form
- Bring a photo I.D.
- Bring your co-payment
- Bring names and addresses of all persons/doctors who would like to receive copies of your visit materials
New patient evaluations in our Center typically involve appointments with multiple physicians and may take two days to complete. Our medical office coordinator will be happy to make recommendations for local hotels and transportation companies that offer discounts to our patients. Please see our Accommodations List for additional information.
For Returning Patients
You will need to plan for a one day visit to the Center as a return patient.
- Return appointments for the Jerome L. Greene Sjögren’s Syndrome Center can be made by calling 410-550-1887, option 2.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Bring a copy of your insurance cards
- You may also be asked to complete some additional forms to allow us to bill your insurance, to review your health, and let us know how you have been doing since your last visit.
Late, Cancelled and No Show Appointments
Late: The appointment time scheduled for you is time specifically allotted for your visit. If you are running late for an appointment, please call our scheduling office. Please note if you are more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment time, we may not be able to accommodate your visit.
Cancelled/No Show: If you are unable to keep your appointment we require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. If you repeatedly do not provide our office with 24 hours’ notice, you may be subject to be discharged from our practice.
Our clinic is very busy and unfortunately patients often have to wait several months for an appointment. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call us at 443-997-1552 as soon as possible. This will allow us to schedule another patient who is waiting to be seen.
Our normal clinic hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
Our normal phone hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Our office is closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th when it falls on a regular business day, the Friday before when it falls on Saturday, or the Monday after when it falls on Sunday)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day (December 25th when it falls on a regular business day, the Friday before when it falls on Saturday, or the Monday after when it falls on Sunday)
There may be other posted days that are closed due to divisional activities and/or professional development. That information will be provided on all divisional voicemails.
After-Hours, Weekends and Holiday Calls
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency after-hours, please call 911 or go to your nearest urgent care facility or emergency department.
- If your need is a medical management question that cannot wait until our next business day, we offer an On-Call Provider to help you. Our On-Call Provider may be paged by calling our answering service at 410-955-6070.
Inclement Weather and Unexpected Closings
- It is the policy of Johns Hopkins Medicine to reasonably maintain outpatient clinical operations; however, due to weather or other unexpected closings, such as an area-wide power outage or water main break, there may be times when it is necessary to close our office.
- Our closing notices will be provided for you via our voicemail recording and our staff will contact you if we are not able to keep your appointment, let you know what we are experiencing, and when we may be looking to reschedule your visit.
We are participating with the following insurance payors:
- Aetna Health Plan
- Beech Street PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst BlueChoice HMO
- Coventry Healthcare
- First Health
- Great West/One Health PPO
- Humana Choicecare
- MDIPA HMO
- Maryland Medical Assistance
- Medicare Part B*
- Multiplan PPO
- One Net PPO
- Optimum Choice HMO
- Priority Partners MCO
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Tricare Reserve Select
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare
- US Family Health Plan
*We do not participate with out-of-state Medicaid or Medicare Advantage/Replacement plans.
It is a good idea to check with your insurance to make sure you are covered for your visit and services with us. Please be prepared to pay your copay and any balance due at the time of your visit. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, and CHECKS.
Non participating insurance/self-pay:
We realize that insurance may not always cover care at Johns Hopkins. With the exception of Medicare Advantage and Medicaid plans, patients may have the ability to pay out-of-pocket for non-covered services. Patients scheduled for new patient appointments are required to pay a $600 deposit at the time of service. Patients scheduled for return visits are required to pay a $289 deposit at the time of service.
Prescription Policies and Prescription Refills
In order for our office to provide you with timely refills, please request your medication refills at least one week in advance. Refill requests may be made via a myChart message to your provider, calling our office, or by receiving a fax from your pharmacy.
The only documentation regarding your health or illness required by law (and included in the office visit charge) is an office visit note. Completing paperwork for schools, camps, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims, long-term care, life insurance, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, and other disability claims go beyond routine medical care and may require an update of your medical information or a special examination. In order to make this determination, please forward your form(s) to our office prior to your scheduled visit. For those forms that can be completed outside of a clinical visit, please allow a minimum of 5 business days for your completed form to be returned to you.