Dr. Julius Birnbaum graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University and received his M.D. from Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed his Residency in Neurology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, a Residency in Internal Medicine at Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY, and a Rheumatology Fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He earned his Masters in Clinical Investigation at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Birnbaum is the only physician in this country who is board-certified in Neurology, Internal Medicine, and Rheumatology. His clinical and research interests pertain to the neurological complications of rheumatic syndromes, with a focus on Sjögren’s syndrome.
- M.D.: Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: Neurology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Residency: Internal Medicine at Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Rheumatology Fellowship: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Masters in Clinical Investigation: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health